Sunday, December 19, 2004

Its ironic

I was having a conversation with my friend Kent the other day about the pros and cons of both the Houston and the DC/VA/MD metropolitan areas. The subject of the air in Houston came up. I'll make no excuses for the air here. It's notoriously bad due to the thriving petrochemical industry. However, I stumbled across an AP story citing the EPA's recent findings regarding 223 Counties in 20 states and their failure to meet federal air standards. Please see the article here. That being said, I found it ironic that: 1)Practically the entire DC metropolitan area is included in the list, and 2)Not one county in the Lone Star State is mentioned. Vast right-Wing conspiracy? You decide.
Hold your comments, folks.
I'm sure that there are studies that show that the Air Quality Index here in Houston is poor. As I mentioned before, I make no excuses for that. I just found it ironic that my friend and I were discussing this very subject, and the air in the DC area is really poor as well.

Instructions for safer living in an ecologically unfriendly environment:

-Breathe in.
-Get in your SUV.
-Take a Prozac.
-Swallow.
-Breathe out.
-Watch helplessly as your SUV veers into oncoming traffic.
-Live the next ten years of your life as a vegetable breathing 100% pure, clean O² through a hole in your trachea.
-Die.
-Fin.

free web counters
Send Flowers