Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Hate to say I told you so, ALRIGHT!!!!!!!!

To be sung aloud in your best impression of the Hives:
"da-da-d-daa-daa-d-daa-daa-d-daa-da-da"

Today, I made mention to a friend of mine that the Dow Jones Indrustrial Average had reached it's highest close since June 13, 2001, some 3½ years. I also mentioned to him that the 3 major networks' newscasts would make no mention of it due to the fact that it put the economy under our current President in a good light and contradicted the doom and gloom that they choose to portray.

I stand partially corrected.

Indeed, I was able to view two of the networks' (ABC and NBC) statements regarding the stock market. I was channel surfing, and I wasn't able to catch Dan Rather and the CBS posse mention it. The core fact here is that it actually was mentioned. I hereby apologize to my friend. I was wrong.

However, I was correct in my assertion that no credit would be given to the Administration. Both Brian Williams(NBC) and Peter "I'm a little concerned about this notion everybody wants us to be objective" Jennings(ABC) attributed the surge in the market to the so called "Santa Claus Rally" phenomenon. Said Jennings, "analysts say that stocks often rise around Christmas".

Now this may be true to a certain extent, but dear friends on the left, what of Christmas....oops.....X-mas 2001? X-mas 2002? X-mas 2003? Why didn't the economy rebound to a record level during those festive Christmas(oops, I mean Holiday) seasons only to fall flat on its face due to the failed economic policies of the current administration? Where were the Santa Claus rallies of '01, '02, and '03? Or for that matter, '00, '99, '98?

Just so we're clear here. Bush is to blame when the economy does poorly, despite the fact that he inherited Clinton's recession (begun in October of 2000), had the terrible misfortune of the Terror attacks of 9/11 and all their economic ramifications, and the fact that the country (whether you agree with the necessity for military action in Iraq and Afghanistan or not) is at war. The left-wing media complex just will not let him have a pass.

To further prove my point, I offer this....

A recent AP story listed the contributors to President Bush's upcoming inaugural event. The report specifically mentioned, "Northrop Grumman Corp., the world's largest shipbuilder and second-largest U.S. defense contractor, which donated $100,000", and "Occidental Petroleum Corp., whose business stands to benefit from the president's actions concerning Libya, donated $250,000, as did Exxon Mobil, the world's largest publicly traded oil company." Of course the obligatory Enron slam read as such: "former Enron President Richard Kinder, who left the firm five years before it collapsed and now is CEO of one of the largest energy transportation and storage companies in the country. Kinder also gave $250,000." Despite the fact that he is half a decade removed from the scandal and is not under federal indictment, this statement unfairly paints Bush in a bad light by connecting him with the Enron debacle. Guilty by association, right? Does that mean that Bill Clinton is guilty as well?

Submitted for your approval.

Among the contributors to former President Clinton's 1993 inauguration were:
-the aforementioned Occidential Petroleum(oh my gosh, Big Oil)

-oil giant Chevron(oh my gosh, Big Oil again)

-defense contractor Textron, maker of the much troubled V-22 Osprey

-Texas energy concern Panhandle Eastern Pipe Line Company(oh my gosh, Texas AND energy)
-Atlantic Richfield Company ARCO(not Big Oil yet again. You have got to be kidding)

-Coastal Corporation(uh, Texas and energy once again, sheesh)

-Enron(yes, folks. Enron)

-Phillips Petroleum Company(does petroleum mean oil?)

In the words of Michael Moore, "It buys a lot of love."

I'll deal with Mr. Moore in another blog.


If anyone needs any further proof that the leftist media paint Bush as an evil oligarch whilst giving the Democrats a free pass I can continue by posting the contributors to Clinton's 1997 inauguration, (Boeing, Raytheon, Entegy) as well as the contributors to Gore's and Kerry's election campaigns.

I have many differences in opinion with the current administration, don't get me wrong. But I can't understand why the leftist media and leftist bloggers are so pigheadedly one-sided in their hatred of this President. While I did vote for Bush, I'm not of the opinion that he can do no wrong, and I won't defend his policies that I disagree with. I just can't understand the hypocrisy ignorance of those that find nothing but fault with the President. Your views on Iraq aside, you're a moron if you do nothing but portray him as a total and utter failure as a President, and that he is at the beck and call of the energy, oil, and defense industries.
free web counters
Send Flowers