Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Cadnada Update

Peter Jennings to begin treatment for Lung Cancer

In an email to employees yesterday, Peter Jennings informed his colleagues that he had recently been diagnosed with Lung Cancer. Jennings plans to continue his World News Tonight broadcast during his chemo-therapy as long as he is able to do so.

I don't agree with his politics, nor do I watch his broadcast. But I don't wish cancer upon anyone. Get well soon, Peter.

Isn't it Ironic

After hosting Canada's Juno awards ceremony (their equivilant of the Grammys), and filming a guest spot on Canada's teen drama Degrassi, pop star Alanis Morissette recently became a US citizen. Funny, I thought everyone wanted to "take off to the great white north" and immigrate to Canada. Said Alanis, "There was a turning point during the [citizenship] ceremony where I felt connected to this country in a way that I didn't quite expect," she said. "I wanted to walk up to one of the officials to ask them if I could sing the anthem." Well, you oughta know that she did in fact get her chance later that night at her show at the House of Blues in LA, where she performed the Star Spangeled Banner to a sold out audience. Apparently you CAN do that on television. Take that, Barth.

Morissette joins Peter Jennings, Jim Carrey, and Pamela Anderson on a list of famous Canadians that have US citizenship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web counters
Send Flowers