Thursday, July 14, 2005

Tolerance

In an earlier entry I told you about Theo Van Gogh, the Dutch film maker that was brutally murdered by a practitioner of the "religion of peace". In a Amsterdam this week, Van Gogh's killer Mohammed Bouyeri told a stunned courtroom, "If I were released and would have the chance to do it again ... I would do exactly the same thing. What moved me to do what I did was purely my faith. ... I was motivated by the law that commands me to cut off the head of anyone who insults Allah and his prophet." He turned to Van Gogh's mother and exclaimed, "I don't feel your pain." Bouyeri faces life imprisonment in the Nov. 2 killing of van Gogh, who was shot, stabbed, and nearly beheaded on an Amsterdam street. A verdict is expected this month.

In Iraq today, US soldiers were handing out candy and toys to a group of Iraqi children in Baghdad's al-Khalij neighborhood when another practitioner of the "religion of peace" happened by. The peaceful, tolerant, freedom fighter drove up, plowing over several of the children, and detonated his car bomb killing 27 and injuring more than 50. Nearly all of the dead and injured were young children.

Evidence is still being gathered in Central London after several practitioners of the "religion of peace" detonated several tightly choreographed explosions on the Underground and one on a bus. The attackers were all allegedly native Britons. Several British politicians have urged restraint and tolerance in wake of the attacks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web counters
Send Flowers